INLEPS 2013 International Seminar
Granada, Spain, December 16th & 17th, 2013
The International Seminar INLEPS2013 “Global perspectives on Language Eduaction Policy” will be hosted by the Faculty of Philosophy and Letters of the University of Granada on December 16th and 17th, 2013. INLEPS targets all the professionals in the field of language policy and language teaching, as well as other professionals and students interested in the study of language policy and language teaching. The International Seminar will focus on the analysis of language policy models in various countries and contexts with the goal of stimulating debate about current issues concerning language policy models currently implemented and their impact on education systems and on society. The seminar also aims at proposing possible areas of development and cooperation among the different countries and researchers in the field.
- Analysis of language education policy, laws, regulations, and practices in various contexts
- Language policy and planning processes (personnel policy, resourcing policy, curriculum policy, evaluation policy) and their contribution to the enhancement of our understanding of how such practices impact language learning and teaching
- Analysis of the impact of local context on policies and plans
- Analysis of the relationship between language planning theory and language planning practice failure
- The coexistence of planned and unplanned/informal features of language planning